Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Satisfying the Hunger

Snickers. It's my new favorite thing. Twix is a close second these days, but only because they come in twos. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still a BBQ chips girl but chocolate is definitely overtaking my cravings.

On the overall food front it's like the baby flipped a switch inside me this week and cannot get enough to eat. Up until now, my food changes have mainly included differences in taste, spiciness level or smell but not necessarily quantity. As a result, my belly is growing although the scale hasn't fluctuated more than a pound or so. 

I'm sure that will all change this week since I feel like I am truly eating for two now. The pregnancy books say I should gain around 25 lbs. during this 40-week process, and now I'm beginning to understand how that's going to happen. I have 21 weeks left to bulk up the baby and ultimately myself (realizing this can't be done with snickers and twix bars alone). 

On Thursday we'll see (officially) how much closer to that "goal" I have come when we have our ultrasound and regular monthly check up. I'm sure whatever the scale says will pale in comparison to (hopefully) learning the gender of our baby. 

Until then, take this as your warning to hide any food you don't want consumed by a crazy pregnant lady. Bathing suit season may be quickly approaching, but this mama isn't shy about taking that second helping. 

3 comments:

Keenan said...

A pound or so?! I didn't have any morning sickness so I've been eating for two since day one...I'm weeks behind you and I've already packed on 6 pounds! I'm sure my doctor will tell me to lay off the animal cookies at my next checkup. Enjoy your chocolate!!

Me? A Mom? said...

Yum, Twix.

Eat up. When I was pregnant with Lila, I routinely ate two dinners: one at 6 p.m. and another at 8 or 9 p.m. Of course, I also gained about 40ish pounds...

I'm doing better with this pregnancy despite the junk food cravings. I'm not as ravenous as I was the first time around, but I can definitely relate!

Courtney said...

Oh my, I already have these same crazy chocolate cravings and I am not pregnant! I can't wait to hear the results of your appointment this week.

I hope that I crave avocado egg rolls from B.J.'s.