Saturday, June 14, 2008

Beginning of the Not-so-fun Part

Every time someone asks me my due date they get the same look on their face as they realize I have to endure the entire summer before delivering. In true optimistic fashion, I'm quick to note that we have a swimming pool (which I'm heavily counting on to provide some summer relief). 

That said, I'm starting to experience some aches and pains that the pool may not be able to address these last few months. Just when I feel like my stomach skin can't stretch any further, it finds a way to grow some more. My belly button is hanging in there like a trooper, but realistically I don't think it's going to last much longer. 

I've also started feeling extremely full, kind of like eating too much Mexican food, but it doesn't ever really go away. It's an odd feeling when paired with hunger pains so I'm trying to eat more frequent smaller meals. Yesterday I had to use my nausea gel for the first time since the beginning of the second trimester. Fingers crossed that won't become a daily occurrence again. 

Swelling is also becoming a more permanent state these days and just getting dinner ready leaves me needing to elevate my feet. Michael is helping a lot with chores and random acts of kindness so I try not to be too much of a grumpy gus. I'm not quite ready to admit that my wedding rings no longer fit, so each morning I put them on thinking maybe today is the day they will not become uncomfortable. 

On a positive note, we are able to feel the baby moving so much these days and we've settled into a new nighttime routine of playing him music and watching him dance. It's quite the sight, with an iPod earphone stuck in my belly button and my stomach randomly gyrating. So far, he is a fan of Beethoven, Mozart, Postal Service, Aphex Twin, and of course, his daddy's voice. 

No comments: