Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dance Party in my Uterus

The baby has been enjoying his stay in Sin City if the level of movement is any indication. It's like my own personal cirque de soleil inside me.

Many of the conference luncheons and evening receptions have live music (DMC of the 80s favorite Run DMC was today's lunch entertainment) which the baby immediately responds to. I also think all the walking during the day makes him twice as active at night.

The kicking was so hard and frequent last night that it actually kept me awake. Instead of enjoying the miracle of movement I started having visions of the umbilical cord getting wrapped around his neck and worried he may be squirming to get out of it. This worry kept me awake even longer, but I finally managed to get a few hours sleep around 3 a.m.

Judging from the equally high activity I've been feeling today, I'd say he's doing just fine and is enjoying what little room he has before he outgrows it.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

"personal cirque du soleil", I love it! Can't wait to see you, and maybe we will be able to see some of the kicking action.