Monday, June 16, 2008

Michael's Alter Ego

You can take the boy out of Texas...but you can't take Texas out of the boy.

Michael recently acquired a BB gun from my Grandpa to "address" our rodent problem. Our backyard has been invaded by moles and a small family of field mice. After multiple environmentally and Roxy-friendly remedies failed, Michael decided stop being "Mr. Nice Guy" and step up his plan of attack.

That said, he couldn't just go out and scare off a few pests. Oh, no. Instead he had to fully disassemble and clean the BB gun, then set up a series of targets for ample practice before any pest management could begin. It's now been three days and has a single pellet been shot at a rodent? No, but his aim at the targets is getting better.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of his beginning targets but I have captured the latest one for your enjoyment. Each one gets more elaborate and he scoots further back to hone his new skill.

I have to say, I never anticipated I would ever be posting about a gun on a pregnancy blog, but such is life. Hope you enjoy the sharp-shooter slide show.

Carefully preparing his pellet ammo.

Such great form
I have no more words...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to see him shooting while carrying Roxy in a sling.

~Adam

Lindsay said...

Roxy is too scared of the air pressure sound the pellet guns make. Even from inside the house, she hunkers down behind the couch. She knows her daddy is a wildman with a gun!

Anonymous said...

All he needs now is Blayne by his side saying let me do it!

Stovall Medical Marketing said...

Just get an outdoor cat. Feed it just a little every couple of days so it sticks around. This takes care of any rodent/snake problem we have around our house/garage.

Amy

Stovall Medical Marketing said...

Oh, and I hate cats, but it works!

Courtney said...

Wow, the target practice is awesome! I love it that he drew the moles and everything. A true designer, yes indeed.

Whitney said...

I am honestly speechless. I wish I had something clever to say, but there are no words besides maybe Mike should invest in some "stretchy pants" (Nacho Libre-style) if he wants to continue these activities. Those jeans look a bit constricting.

Can't you keep the moles? They look cute...