Sunday, June 1, 2008

100 Days To Go

As you can see from one of my baby tracker widgets we are at the 100 day mark (give or take when the baby actually comes).

I thought this might be a good time to make another top 10 list for the things I miss and the great things I'll want to remember about pregnancy.

Top 10 Things I Miss

10. Wearing my favorite summer clothes
9. Easily bending down to paint my toenails or put on shoes
8. Not having to put on clothes like an old lady (with as little bending as possible)
7. Seeing the lower half of my body in person instead of the mirror (but then again, that's where the cellulite is living so this may be a good thing)
6. Being as active as I want without worrying about tiredness or swelling
5. Worrying about what food will give me heartburn (just about everything these days)
4. Lifting my own suitcase while traveling (and not getting lectured by the airport shuttle driver that I shouldn't be lifting it)
3. Not having restrictions on my life (sleeping positions, riding rollercoasters or gocarts, sitting in the exit row of an airplane, dietary restrictions, etc.)
2. Drinking a cold beer or girly cocktail on a hot summer day
1. Getting up or walking without pelvic pain

Top 10 Things I've Enjoyed While Being Preggers

10. Feeling it's okay if I crave Subway at 9:30 a.m.
9. Getting a pedicure
8. Having Mike give me a back massage whenever I ask
7. Brainstorming baby names
6. Not having nausea the entire pregnancy
5. Hearing the baby's heartbeat
4. The joy having a grandchild brings to our parents and family
3. Seeing the ultrasound images
2. Feeling the baby kick and respond to our touch and voices.
1. Learning things about myself and Mike that we otherwise wouldn't have ever known.

Luckily, it's still easier to come up with the enjoyable items than the ones that I miss.

No comments: