Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

Hello All,

Roxy here. Just wanted to check in before my world gets turned upside down. In my last few days of glory, I've been enjoying some quality ball fetching time with dad, swimming with my mama, and enjoying the quietness of our house.

For some reason my parents are currently sleeping in separate beds. I think it has something to do with all the pillows my mom requires. There's barely any room left in the bed for me, much less my dad. It doesn't bother me because I spend time in each bed throughout the night. Mom tosses and turns quite a bit, but if she gets too restless I just go snuggle up with my dad.

Sometimes in the evenings my mom gets pains in her stomach and starts breathing funny. Dad helps her relax and I try to help too by snuggling up to comfort her. I think she appreciates it.

I know this blog will soon be filled with pictures of my new little brother, so I thought I'd post a few recent shots of me to be sure you don't forget what I look like. While we had the camera out, dad also took a few new pictures of mom too. She's the big lady below with what I think may be a basketball under her dress. Mom says to disregard her hair, as they had just returned from a long walk. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Dear Roxy,

Tell your mom she looks beautiful with a basketball under her dress. I hope you are being good as your reign ends.

It will be months before your little brother can pull your fur and by that time, you will love him. He needs a nice doggy protector and I think you will perfectly fit the bill! And maybe...just maybe, your reign will get stronger with your new sidekick. Don't tell your parents I said that.

Courtney said...

Roxy,

Someday when your new baby brother is chasing you around, you might just decide that playing with Chaco isn't quite so bad. Until then, he will be pining for your friendship. You are going to be a great big sister!

-Courtney