Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Nursery

This past weekend Michael's parents helped us sort through the last of the nursery stuff, hang pictures, set up the crib bedding, etc. so I'm finally ready to post pictures of the room. Hope you enjoy!

View as you walk in the bedroom door (crib and built-in shelves on the left, changing table and closet on the right)

The fish screenprint above and the hand drawings below are pieces Michael did in college.
The built-in shelves. A co-worker gave us the adorable saying above it which reads "Boy, n: A noise with dirt on it"

The dresser and changing table

This picture hangs above the dresser and was in the grandkids' nursery at my Grandmother's house when I was a baby. It reads "I believe in Miracles"

Check out the cool mobile we found at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. It's called "Falling Leaves" and I'm sure will make our son an artistic genius.


Miss Roxy just chillin' in the rocking chair showing off her summer haircut.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Lindsay and Mike--what an awesome nursery! I love the mobile, and I've heard that black and white images and objects are good for infants' eyes. This post was actually nostalgic for me as I remembered those final days waiting for Baird. We're so excited for you guys, and you'll be bringing your little guy into a truly wonderful environment.