Saturday, August 30, 2008

No pain, no gain

Last night I really thought we may be headed to the hospital. After experiencing strong contractions throughout the entire night, they are still not happening close enough to justify a hospital run. 

I tried to get some sleep but that proved difficult when you wake up in pain at least once an hour. I was never really able to go into a deep sleep so today my eyes are heavy and feel like they may just pop out of my head. 

Michael was a good sport and tried to stay in the bed to comfort me, but gave up a little after 1 a.m. and went to the other room. I don't blame him, I would have done the same if I could. Today is his birthday and I don't want to spend it stuck in the house with contractions. Maybe a long walk will help make the pain pass or speed up the pre-labor process. 

Now that the day is here, Michael has changed his tune about sharing his birthday with the baby. At first he really didn't want to, but he got excited last night thinking the baby was on his way and would likely come today. I'm doing what I can to make that happen since he doesn't have any b-day gifts to open from me. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hang in there! We had fun hanging out last night and I hope that Mike had a fun pre-birthday celebration. Every time our phone rings we get really excited that it may be time.

Love,
Rob and Courtney