Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waddle, waddle

Try as I might, I can no longer walk in a straight line. I'm a full-time waddler. 

Sometimes I really focus on trying to walk "normally" but to no avail. To top it off, every single person I pass in the hallway at work smirks or comments as they see me waddling toward them. I decided to keep a comment tally today just for fun and recorded 11 coworker comments regarding my new swagger. I guess it's better than hearing "Wide load, coming through!"

In other wide load news, getting dressed each morning has become a challenge again. In the first trimester I remember being stuck between outgrowing my normal clothes but being too small for maternity clothes. A family friend gave me a tub of maternity clothes which really helped the dressing dilemma, but it included a few tops that at the time I thought were ENORMOUS! 

When I first went through the clothes bin I set aside a few blouses I really never thought I'd be big enough to fit into. That all changed this morning as I tried on several of my usual work blouses and they were all too short. Remembering the oversized tops, I rummaged through the few pieces still packed in the clothing bin and wouldn't you know one of the ENORMOUS tops fit perfectly. 

I was torn between being happy that something still fit and feeling sad that the solution was found in what used to fit me like a tent. Say a little prayer that my pants hold out for a few more weeks. If I outgrow the stretchy maternity panel it might just send me over the edge. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hang in there! You are getting so close. Some ice cream tonight will help, right? See you later.