Monday, August 25, 2008

Michael's Bundle of Joy

Today was a big day in our household. My dad and uncle traveled from Atlanta to South Carolina to pick up Michael's new four-wheel baby. We may not have a name for our human son yet, but this is one baby that came already named. The car is lovingly called Blauhai (German for "Blue Shark"). Mike tells me this E24 model is referred to as a "shark" by automotive enthusiasts, hence the origin of the name.

While it's not parked in our garage just yet, Michael is one step closer to realizing his dream of having a BMW "project" car. I think he may be more excited for the car to arrive than our son (except for the fact that the plan is for the car to be driven over when my dad travels to come see the baby, so perhaps all hope is not lost).

Many of you have asked if this one final hurrah before becoming a daddy. Maybe so, but in the grand scheme of things he could be asking for a lot more so I'll wait to pick my battles.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun...I didn't know it was a coupe! Nice rare find! I am sitting at a tuner shop, where I have been for the past 4 hours, trying to get my car chipped. We'll see how it turns out 50hp and 90lb/ft later! Congrats!