Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mark Your Calendars

We've reached a compromise on the induction debate. Michael came with me to my OBGYN check up today so we could ask the doctor 20 questions about being induced. In the end, we scheduled an induction after my due date where they would only give me Pitocin instead of other higher risk options. We decided to move forward knowing we or the doctor can always back out if things aren't progressing as needed when the time comes. 

So mark your calendars for Wed., Sept. 10. There's nothing saying our son will actually wait to be born then, but if he's anything like his daddy he'd be content staying in the warm womb until he's about 10 years old. 

In other news, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (130) and they also did a quick ultrasound to check the baby's position. We were able to confirm that he is head down and facing toward my spine which is exactly where we want him to be. 

No comments: