Monday, August 4, 2008

Finding a Pediatrician: Check

We can mark one more decision off our to do list. This afternoon we met with a great pediatrician who patiently and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He spent almost 30 minutes with us and his pager went off three times, but he took it in stride and never made us feel rushed. 

I think that was one of the last big decisions we had to make before the baby's arrival. Now when it's time to go to the hospital for delivery, all we have to do is tell them our pediatrician's name and they set everything up for him to come do our son's first check up while we're still in the hospital. 

To remind me of how D-day could come at any moment, our executive director came down to my office this morning and said that every Monday from now on he is going to stop by and see if I'm there, "because it's so close he can't assume I'm in the office." Wow, that was a wake up call. 

While I was discussing this with Michael on the way home he confessed that he's hoping to get "the call" while at work and rush me to the hospital with the excitement of a Hollywood movie. This fatherly dream directly conflicts with my fear of my water breaking in a very public place...such as my office. Stay tuned to see how the delivery drama plays out. 

No comments: