Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OBGYN Check Up

Today is Tuesday which means it's time for another OBGYN visit. We are now going weekly since we're in the home stretch. 

The baby's heartbeat had fallen to around 130 which was down from the 140 range. They weren't concerned with the drop as long as it stays above 120. We also learned I am dilated 1 cm and starting to efface (thinning out of the cervix) which are all signs pointing toward delivery. The bad news is  that delivery could be hours, days or still weeks away. 

The doctor could feel that the baby's head is in a slightly cockeyed position compared to last time, so I'm hoping he doesn't try to turn the wrong way. I've been able to feel the baby moving a lot lately and am keeping my fingers crossed she just caught him in a strange position. 

As we were leaving the doctor said, "See you in a week, if not before," which makes me wonder if she'd place any bets on how soon the baby will come. I'm sure she has a hunch from professional experience, but for now we're still playing the waiting game. 

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for sharing all the exciting updates! I can't believe you are in the home stretch. Any chance of seeing more Lindsay and Baby Vidrine pics? :)

Courtney said...

That is exciting news. Let's get together on Friday night and all do jumping jacks and maybe that will encourage Baby V to join us. :)